Van Thuy Tu

 Van Thuy Tu Communal House was built in 1762 at Ngu Ong Street, Phan Thiet City. The Communal House is dedicated to Nam Hai God. About 100 skeletons of whale have been kept at the communal house, of which one is of great size and strictly preserved during the past 200 years.

   The Communal House houses a bronze bell cast in 1872, under the reign of King Tu Duc, and 24 royal edicts, one of which sates back to 150 years ago. This communal house has been recognized a national treasure in 1996. a festival takes place twice a year at the communal house, in the 2nd and 8th lunar months.

Newer articles

Collapse